Holy crossovers, Batman!

Unknown Person

Holy crossovers, Batman!

March 31 2018
I like to watch campy old TV shows while having dinner, and what two better fit that description than Trek TOS and Batman with Adam West? Having recently finished the Batman series and noticing a few Trek actors, I went digging for any more Bat-Trek crossover talent I could find. Two were on the 60s TV show and two were in animated voice-over form:

• Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Rand) played Neila, one of King Tut's gang who was infatuated with Batman.
  • Roger Carmel (Harcourt Fenton Mudd) played Col. Gumm, a villain whose gimmick involved stamps. This episode also featured a bonus guest star: Bruce Lee as Kato, the Green Hornet's sidekick.
  • Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura) provided the voice-over for the undead priestess Thoth Khepera in Batman: TAS.
  • William Shatner (Capt. Kirk) provided the voice-over for Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the animated movie Batman vs. Two-Face, along with the voices of Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin and Julie Newmar as Catwoman. Fittingly, this was Adam West's last role.

Check out the pics (I hope this works the way I expect) at this link. Anyone know of any others?
Unknown Person liked this
Edited March 31 2018 by Unknown Person

Unknown Person

Holy crossovers, Batman!

August 06 2018
OK this one isn't Batman-related, but it's still a Trek actor guest-starring on an old TV superhero show and it's just too juicy to pass up.

• René Auberjonois (Odo) played a cat burglar named Kimball on Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter.

Here's the juicy bit: the location setup of the episode ("Spaced Out," 3rd season 1979) is a sci-fi convention, which is part of a marketing gimmick by "Paragon Studios" to re-introduce a previously cancelled TV show called...wait for it..."Space Quest." Batman or no Batman, how could I possibly resist sharing that here? Unfortunately they never both clearly appeared in-frame together, but I've added a couple of screencaps to the earlier set.
Edited August 06 2018 by Unknown Person

Unknown Person

Holy crossovers, Batman!

September 25 2018
Last one, I promise, and it's another Wonder Woman appearance. In literally the very last episode of the series, none other than Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat) appeared as a villain/henchman named Pierce. And this time, he and Lynda Carter were actually shown in-frame together, right as he was about to be captured at the end of the show. Pics added to the set.
Edited September 25 2018 by Unknown Person
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Holy crossovers, Batman!

September 25 2018
It's cool seeing Trek cameos in other shows.  Literally everyone has been in Trek at least once, and I really enjoy pointing it out to the bf each time we're watching something completely not Trek related.  "You know who that is?", I'll say... "Let me guess... someone from Star Trek", he'll say... then I'll make him guess the character, lol.

Unknown Person

Holy crossovers, Batman!

September 25 2018
I think the fun part for me is that the crossover aspect for at least the two Wonder Woman appearances happened long before either of them were ever on a Trek show. Seems like TOS actors opted for Batman, where the (pre) DS9 actors showed up on Wonder Woman. I think the next campy old superhero series I'll be dinner-watching is The Incredible Hulk with Lou Ferrigno, who is already known to have been in a fan Trek production as an Orion slaver (jump to time 29:38).

Edited September 25 2018 by Unknown Person