Which laptop?

Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

Which laptop?

September 02 2018
Which gaming laptop would you choose for durability and all-around performance (as opposed to gaming performance)?

Acer #1

Dell

HP

Acer #2
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Which laptop?

September 03 2018
The link for Acer #1 doesn't work for me, but the stats on the remaining three look pretty similar.  Looks like the Dell only has a GTX 1050 video card instead of the GTX 1050 ti that is advertised.  The TI gives a performance boost that I would probably go for.  My family has had bad experiences with HP and good experiences with Acer, so I personally like the look of the Acer #2, but the small, 256 GB SSD hard drive concerns me.  256 Gigs isn't a lot of space in this day and age and there's no secondary drive for storage, unless you plug in an external one, it looks like.

PCGamer did a review of a few different gaming laptops last month, if you want to give it a once over.  More expensive, mind you, but maybe worth it in the long haul.

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-laptop/ 

Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

Which laptop?

September 03 2018
These were literally the first four listed on Google in my price range. I hadn't even noticed the storage. I poked around a little more, and based on the advice here and on Discord, I think I'm going to go for an Asus TUF FX504. It looks like its big downside is the camera, but when I use the camera for teaching online, I put lots of light on me, which should compensate.

Thanks for the help!