I'm moving to Key West!

Unknown Person

I'm moving to Key West!

August 03 2019
Hello dears,

On Monday, August 5th, I'm hitting the highway and changing addresses.  I expect about a three day road trip to get from New Hampshire to the Florida Keys, and I don't have my new home lined up just yet, so I'll be AFK for a bit while I get set back up.

This is happening with short notice for me as well, but at the same time it's long overdue.  I first moved to the Keys at age 18 and called them my home until almost the age of 30, and I've missed the part of the world where I've felt most at home.  It's time to stop wandering and return home.

Once work and an apartment have been secured and I'm able to log back in and do some gaming, I'll have plenty more to look forward to.  I anticipate finally being able to use a microphone and talk to all you lovely creatures in the Discord, because my computer will no longer be in someone's living room.  I'm also probably going to change my forum name here; Kobek, my Cardassian Captain, quickly fell by the wayside in favor of my Gorn Captain, Saazsha.  I'll think of something that will cause less confusion.

If I don't see you in Fleet Chat this weekend, have a happy one.  I look forward to logging back in from paradise.

--Danielle
Unknown Person liked this
Hai Tang

VietHai

I'm moving to Key West!

August 03 2019
Safe trip/drive. And I wish you best of luck.  🖖
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

I'm moving to Key West!

August 03 2019
Safe journey and good luck with moving, see you back soon!

Unknown Person

I'm moving to Key West!

August 07 2019
I’ve made it to my new home safe and sound.  The landlord tells me that the hardware to extend the wifi all the way to my end of the apartment building will be installed next week, so no gaming for me until then.  Thanks for the well wishes!
Edited August 07 2019 by Unknown Person

Unknown Person

I'm moving to Key West!

September 01 2019
Nearly a month later and I’m still waiting on the promised wifi in my apartment.  It’s clear now that this is not happening any time soon.  I’ll understand completely if my toons run up against the fleet’s AFK policy and are removed to make room for someone else.
Edited September 01 2019 by Unknown Person
Rob Smith

Injunuity

I'm moving to Key West!

September 05 2019
Quote by Gul_Kobek
Nearly a month later and I’m still waiting on the promised wifi in my apartment.  It’s clear now that this is not happening any time soon.  I’ll understand completely if my toons run up against the fleet’s AFK policy and are removed to make room for someone else.

food for thought, but have you considered this https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-TL-WA850RE/dp/B00E98O7GC more as a guide to find it local vs ordering it though. gives you an idea of what to have out of cost if you do it yourself.

Unknown Person

I'm moving to Key West!

October 25 2019
After a great delay (and I thank all of y'all for your patience), I have wi-fi!  And just in time for the return of the Gamma Recruit Event, it appears.  I'll launch the game this weekend and see how the bandwidth is.  

ETA:  Key West is gorgeous, by the way.
Edited October 25 2019 by Unknown Person