2nd Annual Romulan Farmer's Festival

Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

September 09 2019
2nd Annual Romulan Harvest Festival

Jolan’tru, Fleeties! It is with pride that Stonewall Fleet’s Department of Fleet Morale announces the Romulan Harvest Festival. Due to a phenomenal cosmic event, autumn on Mol’Rihan (New Romulus) has aligned with autumn on Earth’s Northern hemisphere... some believe it to be caused by one of Q’s omnipotent antics, others blame the Iconians, but a true Rihannsu knows this. It is cradol (fate) of the Elements that has blessed us with another Eitreih'hveinn (Farmer’s Festival).

Join your fellow Fleeties in Romulan style for the 2nd Annual Romulan Harvest Festival on Mol’Rihan on:

(click to see in your time zone)

Completely styled in the Faith of the Elements, celebrations will consist of:

15:45 UTC: Aefvadh (Welcome) - Ceremonial opening
Beam down to New Romulus in front of the City Gates at the staging area where the Eitreih'hveinn will be opened in ceremonial fashion, thanking the Elements for a plentiful harvest.

16:00 UTC: Okhala (Fire) - KDF/Republic PvP
Battle of Narendra III Reenactment: In 2344 Romulan forces attacked the Klingon outpost on Narendra III. Despite the help of the Enterprise C, the outpost was quickly overwhelmed. Join Commander Plazma in putting down the Klingon 'savages', or help defend the outpost from the 'honorless' Romulans. This is a historical re-enactment, so for this event Romulans should be in Warbirds, and Klingons in Klingon vessels. There will only be one Federation vessel (an Ambassador class), flown by someone from Morale Department.

17:30 UTC: Avilh (Earth) - Trivia
A brand new type of trivia event in which you will be tested on your creativeness, knowledge of Romulan language, culture, cuisine, or basically anything Rihannsu. Instructions on how to join this event will be given at the start, but you can participate on any device that has access to a web browser, be it PC, laptop, smarthphone, or tablet. The top scoring contestants will win Stonewall Credits!

18:30 UTC: Jaeih (Air) - Atmosphere Assault PvE
When was the last time you used your Smallcraft? Yeah, I can't remember either. For this year's Farmer Festival, let's have a Smallcraft Appreciation Hour by subjecting ourselves to an hour of Atmosphere Assault, led by Captain Anna. So what are you waiting for? Pimp out your shuttle and let's fly! All you need for this event is a Smallcraft, but make sure you actually outfit one, as we'll be playing the event on Advanced. Bonus points for style!

19:30 UTC: Cradol (Fate) - Fashion contest
There will be three categories during this fashion contest, and you can participate in all three of them, or just the one or two you feel that allows you to show of your fashionista skills and earn some Stonewall Credits! The categories are:
A Day on the Farm - Just because you’re a farmer doesn’t mean you can’t be stylish. Whether you herd Khelids, grow tubers or build sheds - Show us your freshest workwear. We encourage you to get creative with your occupation!
Fall Sports - Mol’Rihan’s rugged, untamed nature presents many opportunities for sports. So take some time away from the farm and play! Show everyone your best 25th century fall sport uniform (Cross country,  football, golf, soccer football.
Embassy Ball - Building a new world is not all about work - Sometimes you have to relax and show everyone you’re better through superior fashion sense. Dress up for the annual Embassy Ball and dazzle your allies with your Romulan Chic.

20:30 UTC: Ihhuein (Water) - Sportive triathlon in the Atlai
We will travel down to the Atlai for a sportive element during the celebrations! In a series of three physical activities, you will be awarded points for grace, speed, and strength and those who score the most points will be awarded Stonewall Credits! Event details will be announced in this Forum Post in the coming days and shall be recapped right before the start of the triathlon in in-game chat.

22:00 UTC: Bedah (Goodbye) - Lake party, closing ceremonies, and movie night
At the closing of the triathlon, we will begin to dance the night away in the lake near the Great Nanov. Words of wisdom will be spoken about the Elements, and afterwards we can enjoy all the deliciousness that was harvested while watching some Romulan themed movie or episode(s) during movie night. What we will be watching is entirely in your hands in the following Forum Post.

But wait… there is more! With the plentiful harvest coming up, we need ways to enjoy the fruit of our labours at the farm. In the weeks leading up to the event, we can teach one another our favourite recipes in a brand new recipe exchange forum event.

Mark your agendas right now for a Saturday filled with Romulan-themed fun. This post will be updated with more event details in the days leading up to the Eitreih'hveinn.

Some of these events will give you the chance to win Stonewall Credits (SWC) which you can use to buy extremely desirable, and valuable items from our Stonewall Credit Store. Per event the following amount of credits will be awarded:
First Place - 3 SWC
Second Place - 2 SWC
Third Place - 1 SWC

Last minute update: In addition to loads of SWC to be won, by a very generous donation by insanefuture79 we will be handing out two Nog BOffs as part of the Trivia and the Triathlon.

7 people liked this
Edited September 27 2019 by Chipz416
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

September 09 2019
It's  going to be  such an awesome time!
3 people liked this
Ted Hembach

TLara

September 09 2019
Uh! Gotta call my Romulans back from their deep space missions!
2 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

September 09 2019
I’ll be there!  

2 people liked this
Hai Tang

VietHai

September 09 2019
I wish I could join but I have a wedding invitation to attend on September 28th. 
2 people liked this
Mckenna Mears

aroaceRihanha

September 12 2019
im moving back into my college dorm around that time but I will absolutely do my best to be there for at least part of it. no way am I missing out on my first Eitreih'hveinn
3 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

September 21 2019
Oh look... More event details have been announced in the first post! Are you as excited as I am for our secound annual Romulan Farmers Festival? Hope to see you all there next week!

2 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

September 21 2019
I stopped by the tailor today and got all of my costumes sorted for the costume contest!

3 people liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

September 27 2019
Kiki will be there!

Got my warbird kitted out with single cannons to be true to the shows XD

and even my smallraft is ready!

4 people liked this

September 28 2019
Winners of this Festival's Costume Contest, per category:
Day on the Farm
1st - NikoLunus
2nd - @TLara
3rd - @hippiepunk

Fall Sports
1st - NikoLunus
2nd - @Voleron
3rd - @hippiepunk

Embassy Ball
1st - NikoLunus
2nd - @Voleron
3rd - @TLara

Yeah, you read that right. In an unprecedented turn of events, Niko swept swept the judges off their collective feet and won first place in all categories, congratulations! Thank you all for joining and participating in the Festival :)
5 people liked this
Edited September 28 2019 by Balduranne
Ted Hembach

TLara

September 28 2019
Thank you all for doing this event and for participating! It was great fun and a big celebration! Jolan Tru!
3 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

September 28 2019
Thank you so much to the entire Morale department for making this happen!  I had a great time today, although I wasn't able to stick around for movie night.  The Narendra III re-enactment, Trivia and Costume Contest were all lots of fun!  I know it took a long time to plan, so thanks for the great day!  My Rommy hasn't seen so much action since his hot date!

3 people liked this

September 29 2019
Quote by Voleron
Thank you so much to the entire Morale department for making this happen!  I had a great time today, although I wasn't able to stick around for movie night.  The Narendra III re-enactment, Trivia and Costume Contest were all lots of fun!  I know it took a long time to plan, so thanks for the great day!  My Rommy hasn't seen so much action since his hot date!

And I learned that somehow I created a godbuild for my Vorgon Ytijara Cruiser.
2 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

September 29 2019
Thanks again everybody for the fun and life you all brought to the Farmers Festival yesterday, I'm already looking forward to next year's installment!
There still are some results to be announced for the Trivia and the Triathlon, so without any further delays... here they are!

Trivia - Most creative poem

This magnificent piece of art will be treasured by generations to come... it displays a very fundamental knowledge of the human psyche by the author, and a level of mastery of poetic language worthy of Virchan of Vulcan* while at the same time being very much playful and light in tone. The author of this poem is... *drum rolls* Voleron! Congratulations, you won a Nog BOff. You will receive an in-game mail with your prize today.

Please follow this link to check out all the other amazing poems we received yesterday: https://imgur.com/a/L3ZeUqL

Trivia - Highest score
Those who say that lightning never strikes the same place twice are obviously mistaken as can be seen in the final scores for the quiz part of the trivia below:

1st place - 23500 Points with 25/30 answers correct: Voleron (you won 3 SWC)
2nd place - 23090 Points with 24/30 answers correct: Viridian (you won 2 SWC)
3rd place - 22000 Points with 24/30 answers correct: Joey (you won 1 SWC)
4th place - 18520 Points with 21/30 answers correct: TedHembach
5th place - 14810 Points with 16/30 answers correct: Cal
6th place - 13690 Points with 16/30 answers correct: Hippiepunk
7th place - 10520 Points with 12/30 answers correct: NikoLunus

Congratulations on your winnings, they will be transfered to your Stonewall Credits Account soon. The Romulan Ambassador to Stonewall Fleet also has some words to say as he was soooo impressed by your collective knowledge of Romulan culture.

Triathlon - most creative drawing
As part of the triathlon, the contestants were asked to draw the Great Nanov performing their favourite sports. The most creative one of these drawings won another Nog BOff... and behold what a splendid piece of art we have received:

Completely in the style of the Earth painter Pablo Picasso this image breathes Cubism, creativity, and sportsmanship! The careful arrangement of the ping-pong bats in front of the Nanov's eyes, displaying a distinct advantage in playing this game, together with the vivid colours expressing the high level of activity on the Nanov's behalve... we have a highly talented painter in our midst... the winner of another Nog BOff is Tinkerbrows! Congratulations, you will receive an in-game mail with your prize today.

Triathlon - final scores
ContestantDiving task
Distance from target
PointsRunning the Atlai
Time
PointsDrawing pointsTotal score
Hippiepunk15.5 m12 min 54 s427
TedHembach4.88 m42 min 58 s3310
Jimmyjoe9.76 m23 min 24 s103
Cal6.30 m33 min 18 s216
Tinkerbrows-0-044

1st place with 10 points: TedHembach (3 SWC)
2nd place with 7 points: Hippiepunk (2 SWC)
3rd place with 6 points: Cal (1 SWC)

Check out all the other fantastic drawings of a sporty Nanov here: https://imgur.com/a/flsubJk

* Fun fact of the day: not many people know that Virchan of Vulcan was in fact a human Nobel Laureate living on Vulcan to study the Vulcan mind. Her works or poetry are well known for their rigid mathematical structure which her early critics deemed as too contrived.

4 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

September 30 2019
wow Thoughs Nanov drawring/creations are amazing!!
such a cool idea.
Im so sad I missed it due to work :(

-------------------------------
ALL the SWC winners have had there #SWC cards updated.
Remember to go look in the new EVENTS section of this site (on the menu bar) to find out when the next chance is to gain more Stonewall Credits!
https://www.stonewallgaming.net/events

5 people liked this