Stonewall Sites Updated

Stonewall Sites Updated

March 29 2012
I've updated the Network parts of both StonewallFleet.com and KnightsofStonewall.com.

The new features include the following:
  • Improved Activity Stream
  • Activity Stream for Events & Groups
  • Improved Event RSVP
  • New photo slider in Galleries
  • New layout for Featured Photo Albums, Events, Videos, & Groups
  • Send messages to multiple friends
  • Finer control over notification emails
  • Event Calender on Events page
  • Recurring Events
  • Improved Notifications
  • New My Group Updates view
As well, there's been performance improvements across the board.

As always, let me know if you see any new bugs or issues.
3 people liked this
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

Re: Stonewall Sites Updated

March 29 2012
Quote by NicholasJohn16
I've updated the Network parts of both StonewallFleet.com and KnightsofStonewall.com.

The new features include the following:
  • Improved Activity Stream
  • Activity Stream for Events & Groups
  • Improved Event RSVP
  • New photo slider in Galleries
  • New layout for Featured Photo Albums, Events, Videos, & Groups
  • Send messages to multiple friends
  • Finer control over notification emails
  • Event Calender on Events page
  • Recurring Events
  • Improved Notifications
  • New My Group Updates view
As well, there's been performance improvements across the board.

As always, let me know if you see any new bugs or issues.

Love the new look if only it could drive my parents to the airport at 3am

Unknown Person

March 29 2012
Looking gooood! I'm glad the replies to status' are showing on the front page:)
Isaac Burrough

MrIzzy

March 29 2012
It may just be me, but I think there may be a bug in the "logged in" function. I think it is not automatically logging inactive users out of the site. I have NEVER seen this many people online at one time, and quite frankly I don't think we get that much traffic.

Also, I usually get logged out automatically after 10 minutes (and I would love if this were increased to say 30 minutes :whistle: ), but I actually closed out of the browser, and went back in an hour later and was still logged in.

Just thought I'd bring it up! Otherwise the site is fantastical as always.

Thank you for your hard work, your time, and all you do for us! :kiss:

♥Izzy

March 29 2012
Quote by MrIzzy
It may just be me, but I think there may be a bug in the "logged in" function. I think it is not automatically logging inactive users out of the site. I have NEVER seen this many people online at one time, and quite frankly I don't think we get that much traffic.

Also, I usually get logged out automatically after 10 minutes (and I would love if this were increased to say 30 minutes :whistle: ), but I actually closed out of the browser, and went back in an hour later and was still logged in.

♥Izzy

I increased the session timer to 1440 minutes (1 day) for those that have issues with being logged out and that's why there were so many logged in users/guests. I've modified the module so they won't show up like that anymore. We'll try the extended session timer for awhile and see if it causes any problems in the long run.
2 people liked this

March 29 2012
Quote by MrIzzy

♥Izzy

Do you check the "Remember Me" box when you log in?
Isaac Burrough

MrIzzy

March 29 2012
No I don't use that when I'm at work. I also use the incognito window in chrome while browsing so nothing is stored.
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

March 30 2012
I've noticed similar issues that MrIzzy brought up for quite some time. I've had to log out of several pages if I've opened a bunch reading posts but just thought this was a site quirk. I would think if you actually clicked "log out" it would log you out of the site totally but as I have absolutely no idea how all the wonderful things you can do on a site are actually made to work (or how things are linked together in functionality), I just figured it was something I had forgotten to do. :whistle:
Isaac Burrough

MrIzzy

March 30 2012
Also, is it supposed to open a new browser tab when clicking a link from the feed on the home page? I don't remember it doing that before(fairly certain it just directed to said link within the active window/tab).

But again, I might be a tad crazy. :silly:

♥Izzy

March 30 2012
Quote by MrIzzy
Also, is it supposed to open a new browser tab when clicking a link from the feed on the home page? I don't remember it doing that before(fairly certain it just directed to said link within the active window/tab).

But again, I might be a tad crazy. :silly:

♥Izzy

Yeah, it didn't do that before. I turned that option on this time, but I don't like it either so I turned it back off. :P
Unknown Person liked this
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

March 30 2012
So basically when it comes to page editing your like a kid in a candy store when new options come out? :P
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

March 31 2012
One thing I noticed almost immediately that wasn't happening before is when new replies for topics are noted in the forums, when you "read" the new posts and then click on the forum heading to return to the forum "home page" or just click the back button, the new post announcement is gone! :woohoo: Before, it didn't matter how many times I opened that topic because it said there were new posts, it kept saying there were new posts... :huh: So now, I can see where I've been and where I need to go to catch up with all the latest! Thank you Nick! :cheer:
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

March 31 2012
One thing I noticed that is different between the 2 sites (KOS and Stonewall Fleet) is the icons for "Global Notifications", "Friend Invites", and "New Messages" are all in line above the karma stars on the Stonewall Fleet site but on the KOS site, the karma stars are bumped to the right and the "New Messages" icon is below and attached to the "Global Notifications" icon. Not sure if this would be classified as a bug but it shows that way all the time on both sites.

April 04 2012
Quote by ltervlet
One thing I noticed that is different between the 2 sites (KOS and Stonewall Fleet) is the icons for "Global Notifications", "Friend Invites", and "New Messages" are all in line above the karma stars on the Stonewall Fleet site but on the KOS site, the karma stars are bumped to the right and the "New Messages" icon is below and attached to the "Global Notifications" icon. Not sure if this would be classified as a bug but it shows that way all the time on both sites.

They appear the same to me, Linda. Has the issue resolved itself or does it still look that way to you? If so, could you please post a screenshot? Thanks!
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

April 04 2012
Hopefully, I am doing this correctly. It took me a bit to figure out the screenshot procedure for Windows 7. Have I stated before I am not the most tech savvy individual? :lol: I am wondering if it's a Firefox glitch as that happens quite often. Firefox can't play Yahoo videos or shift between pictures posted in Yahoo. I always have to open Internet Explorer if there is a video or picture I want to view. :angry:

[attachment=849]KOSscrnshot.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=847]STOscreenshot.jpg[/attachment]
Edited April 04 2012 by Ltervlet

April 04 2012
Hmmm, that's odd. I'm using Firefox too and I'm not having that issue.

Try pressing Ctrl+Shift+R while on a page on knightsofstonewall.com. That should refresh your cache.
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

April 05 2012
I did the Control+Shift+R twice and the positions of the icons never changed. I also opened Internet Explorer just to see how things were positioned on the website with that browser and they are positioned "correctly". So it must have something to do with some setting I have in Firefox. Thanks for trying to figure this issue out. It certainly doesn't affect the functioning of the website in the least it just hits my "detail orientation" wrong. :blink: Other than that, things in general are working MUCH better, even on my XP laptop. I no longer have to refresh the page to check someone's listing I've just completed. It automatically "appears" after clicking submit. :woohoo: Thank you so much for all you do to keep the website up to date. :)
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

April 12 2012
I've just discovered another issue that I have no idea what might be causing it. I've had a rare problem where someone has posted a forum name in their member note in SWTOR but when I do a search for that name (on my XP laptop) in the admin view, the name isn't found. I figure for that instance it's because they've posted an incorrect name but 2 or 3 times now, I've gone in to "process" an intro post and the account doesn't show in admin view on my XP laptop (it does show if I go into the Backend), but if I also run a search on my Windows 7 desktop, the account shows up in admin view there. In all the cases, their forum rank was initially showing as "Recruit" in their post (where others were showing Cadet for the preprocessed post). Then, after I make the necessary "changes" to process the post, and run a new search on my XP laptop (after refreshing the page), the account shows up in admin view. Is there some simple explanation for this? :huh:

April 12 2012
Quote by ltervlet
I've just discovered another issue that I have no idea what might be causing it. I've had a rare problem where someone has posted a forum name in their member note in SWTOR but when I do a search for that name (on my XP laptop) in the admin view, the name isn't found. I figure for that instance it's because they've posted an incorrect name but 2 or 3 times now, I've gone in to "process" an intro post and the account doesn't show in admin view on my XP laptop (it does show if I go into the Backend), but if I also run a search on my Windows 7 desktop, the account shows up in admin view there. In all the cases, their forum rank was initially showing as "Recruit" in their post (where others were showing Cadet for the preprocessed post). Then, after I make the necessary "changes" to process the post, and run a new search on my XP laptop (after refreshing the page), the account shows up in admin view. Is there some simple explanation for this? :huh:

This is probably due to a small bug in how the Admin View handles pagination. Say if you're browsing around looking at different members and you're on like page 3, then you do a search for a username, the view will filter down to that 1 user, but it'll stay on page 3 so you won't see any results. You have to go back to page 1 to see the user.
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

April 14 2012
Thanks for answering this one, Nick! I figured there was some technical reason it was occuring. I am just learning "workarounds" for things so I don't cause any issues when dealing with people. :whistle: