Session Time

Session Time

May 21 2012
A few months ago, I changed the session time to 1 day. This means that a user's login session doesn't expire and force them to log back in for 1 day. Now that we've been using that for awhile, how is it working for everyone? Has it decreased the number of time's you've been disconnected or logged out of the site when making a post or sending a message?
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

Re: Session Time

May 21 2012
I used to have problems posting messages to the website if I was logged in for a while but that seems to have stopped. I haven't had to compose messages using Wordpad and then copy/paste and transfer them to the text box on the website. I was never actually logged out by the website but it refused to post any messages on the forums or PMs if I was logged into the website for a while. It's been really nice being able to click "reply topic" and actually be able to compose the post within the text box. Thanks for fixing whatever it was that was broken. :woohoo:
Edited May 21 2012 by Ltervlet
Joshua (Zepari)

Zepari

May 21 2012
Well I've always thought the website was working against me, so that's why I only lost a post when I least expected it, otherwise I would also copy/paste it prior to hitting the submit button.

I have to admit I've not lost any posts to a "timeout" for a while, so... Thank you Nick!

I'll be back tomorrow with a whole new list of complaints, lol.
CJay None

LaceyRand

May 21 2012
I had not noticed an issue of having to copy and paste on this site... have on others ... so maybe you are golden .... but I tend to jump in and jump out again... thanks for your diligence

June 06 2012
I'm thinking about dropping the sessions time to something more reasonable now that I know it actually fixes those problems. Limiting it to an hour would keep sessions alive for much longer than the average browsing time. As it is right now, most Online indicators and guest counts are completely useless, as well, the read/unread indicators on forum posts is a little slow to update.

Unknown Person

June 06 2012
I think that's probably a good idea. Seeing 60 people online at all times is a quite a bit misleading :)
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

June 06 2012
I agree. It was always rather funny as I went through different forum sections to see list of online members constantly changing while the list of who was viewing a topic usually only had 1 or 2 people max. I'll just remember to refresh my log in before I start on an extended reply. :)

June 08 2012
I've updated the time to 1 hour. We'll see how its going.