Announcing: Stonewall Gaming Network

Announcing: Stonewall Gaming Network

August 18 2012
Hello everyone,

Our community has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years, starting with expanding into Star Wars: The Old Republic (TOR) and recently into Guild Wars 2 (GW2). (Even more recently, we’ve had a small group start in The Secret World.) We’ll shortly be reaching 2,000 members.

Our goal from the beginning was to create one community that spanned multiple games that included the welcoming and friendly atmosphere that we started in Star Trek Online (STO). I believe we’ve accomplished that wonderfully and I’m excited to see how our community continues to grow over the coming years.

Part of our success has been from maintaining the same standards of our community into all of our guilds; the same membership process, the same Code of Conduct, the same social network. These things can now be seen, not as aspects of Stonewall Fleet, but as part of our entire community.

There remains one aspect that’s been in need for sometime: a name. While Stonewall Fleet is a great name for us in STO, but it didn’t quite fit for TOR or GW2. Each of those guild were named appropriately to fit the culture and theme of the games in which the run, but a name for our community at large is very important, as well as, building an image for our community as a whole.

After a poll, it was shown that people had interest in calling the community “Stonewall Gaming”, but a split between whether to call us a “Community” or an “Alliance”. A long with those, there was an interest in “Network”, partial due to one of the features that I feel is one of our greatest, the social networking aspect of our website. For this reason, I selected, based on the input of our members, to name our community the Stonewall Gaming Network.

Now that we’ve selected a name and a domain, stonewallgaming.net, we can start moving some shared aspects of our community to this name. One of the first goals is to change over our email addresses to the new domain. Up until recently, all of our emails came from stonewallfleet.com which can be a bit annoying for those of our members that mainly use the Knights of Stonewall or Stonewall Vanguard websites. With time, we'll be building this image and name of Stonewall Gaming Network.

Thanks to you all for helping make the Stonewall Gaming Network what it is today.
19 people liked this