Accepting Applications for Editor-in-Chief

Accepting Applications for Editor-in-Chief

August 20 2013
Several months ago, we unfortunately had to cease production of the Stonewall Times due to lack of an Editor-in-Chief and Layout Artist. The loss of the Stonewall Times has been felt by the community and to bring it back, we're opening up the Editor-in-Chief of the Stonewall Times up to the members.

The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for:
  • Maintaining the Writers group
  • Giving out writing assignments
  • Collecting articles
  • Producing the Times for release

If you'd like to apply for the position, please send me an message, including what skills and previous experience you have that would make you ideal for the position. If you have previous examples of your work, they can be emailed to stonewallfleet@gmail.com.

Deadline for applications is September 3rd at 11:59 PM EST.
3 people liked this
Edited August 20 2013 by nicholasjohn16
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re: Accepting Applications for Editor-in-Chief

August 20 2013
Hello,

Does the Editor-in-Chief publish or release the news magazine on his or her own schedule (have final responsibility) or are all materials reviewed by you or committee before publishing? I ask because I have a friend who might be interested, she used to work for NPR news, she's in Thailand right now on assignment with the Peace Corps but she'll be coming home soon, she wanted me to ask that, I guess this has some significance in the world if journalism.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

August 20 2013
Quote by Zander_Hawk
Hello,

Does the Editor-in-Chief publish or release the news magazine on his or her own schedule (have final responsibility) or are all materials reviewed by you or committee before publishing? I ask because I have a friend who might be interested, she used to work for NPR news, she's in Thailand right now on assignment with the Peace Corps but she'll be coming home soon, she wanted me to ask that, I guess this has some significance in the world if journalism.

No, there isn't any form of review before hand. The Editor-in-Chief has complete control over the content in Stonewall Times.
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 20 2013
The Stonewall Times is a publication that I'm very passionate about. I've contemplated taking this project on since Ali's departure, but unfortunately, with my real life and fleet responsibilities, I simply can't make the time in my already busy schedule to take on another project. It's with a great sadness that I have to pass up this opportunity...

With that said, I think that this could be a very exciting opportunity for the right, self-motivated person who's committed and passionate about the publication. This publication binds our fantastic community together, and I'd love nothing more than to see this up and running again in the near future, with the right person at the helm!

Good luck to all the applicants!
Cal

calx

August 21 2013
Can we work together voleron to share the load? I miss the times too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 21 2013
Quote by calx
Can we work together voleron to share the load? I miss the times too!

Anything's potentially possible! Though applying to take on another project would be a last resort sort of decision for me, in the event that no suitable applicants were found.. my family time is already stretched pretty thin as it is... but thanks very much for the gracious offer!

I'd definitely encourage you to throw your name in the hat for consideration!
Unknown Person liked this
Cal

calx

August 22 2013
like you i'm struggling for any time nowadays...but this is something that does interest me, although i have no experience of it other than being a reader and that i could give something back to the fleet. if there are more experienced persons who apply then that would be great, if not i am willing to help out to whatever i am able to do
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re: Re: Accepting Applications for Editor-in-Chief

August 22 2013
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Quote by Zander_Hawk
Hello,

No, there isn't any form of review before hand. The Editor-in-Chief has complete control over the content in Stonewall Times.

Sounds great, Thank you, I'll let her know.

Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re: Re: Accepting Applications for Editor-in-Chief

August 22 2013
Quote by calx
like you i'm struggling for any time nowadays...but this is something that does interest me, although i have no experience of it other than being a reader and that i could give something back to the fleet. if there are more experienced persons who apply then that would be great, if not i am willing to help out to whatever i am able to do

This is a huge fleet, there has to be members with a journalism/marketing background. There was a post recently of a gentleman who does some pretty nice digital art. Adding that guy and people like you to "the newsroom staff" would be a very intelligent use of the fleet's talent. It's always good when people volunteer their talents. That's the beautify of not having to worry about a monetary budget for projects, as a not-for-profit club you just create and do :)

Robert

Elquin

August 22 2013
While I can't give my time required for the position, I can definitely provide content for the GW2 portion of Stonewall. Someone with a journalism background deserves this greatly rewarding position. You have my support and I'll encourage other GW2 members to submit content as needed.