Migration from Ventrilo to Teamspeak 3

Migration from Ventrilo to Teamspeak 3

November 24 2013
When Stonewall Fleet first launched, we purchased the default guild VOIP solution of the time, Ventrilo. Since then things have changed and Ventrilo is no longer the default. It hasn't been updated in some time and there seems to be no plans to do so. For that reason and many more, members of the community have brought up us changing solutions and the leadership agrees.

To that end, we've decided to migrate from our current Ventrilo server to a new Teamspeak 3 server. Teamspeak 3 is far more advanced that Ventrilo, easier to use and set up. Hopefully, it'll rectify many of the issues we've had with Ventrilo over the years.

Our current server is set to expire by the end of the month and we've already setup the new server and are updating our documentation. We hope our transition will be quick and smooth. Stay tuned for additional details.

I'd like to take a moment to personally thank Bradley1701 for his continued support. Bradley initially setup our Ventrilo server and has been generous enough to fund it over the last five years. Thank you so much Bradley!
17 people liked this
Edited November 24 2013 by nicholasjohn16
Marky

Raxxial

Re: Migration from Ventrilo to Teamspeak 3

November 24 2013
YaY I
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

November 24 2013
Cool!!

Bradley, thanks for hosting Vent since the beginnin'. :)

Looking forward to the changeover!
Unknown Person liked this

November 25 2013
We've setup the current server and you're welcome to begin using it. Our Ventrilo server will expire by the end of the month. We've created a guide on How to Setup Teamspeak for your convenience.

Server Details:
address: ts.stonewallgaming.net
password: Stonewall
3 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

November 25 2013
I took my first shot at setting up TS today, and am having a lot of fun picking my themes and plugins... loving it!
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

November 25 2013
Is there a TS Stonewall room already?
If so, I might join tonight or tomorrow.
Shawn Birch

Parker

November 25 2013
TS3 = Amazing!!!!

Loving it. I can't get the overlay to work properly though, even some of the the other overlay plugins are problematic. Not a big deal though the voice clarity is amazing! Very easy set up for those who are not so adept at VoIP software.
Marky

Raxxial

November 25 2013
I've been shepherding people across from Vent tonight onto TS3 and helping them get all set up :)
4 people liked this
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

November 25 2013
Well I am already set to use Team Speak but wont be able to speak til I get a mic to talk into..

Im a sad little man..

Frozenlily

November 25 2013
:lol: yay I have TS3 from my old fleet so i know how to use it and what not :)
Denis

SBOSlayer

November 26 2013
lol its about time ;) Look forward to seeing the new server.
Bradley Barbour

bradley1701

November 27 2013
My pleasure!

Quote by Rasilek
Cool!!

Bradley, thanks for hosting Vent since the beginnin'. :)

Looking forward to the changeover!
Unknown Person liked this