Visit the Office of Membership Management Today

Tsar Agus

WhiteOnmyoji

August 15 2016
I'm 21, yes Right on the border. But I feel this quiz is rather limiting. I manage a lot of types where an iron fist 24/7 will get you nothing, but I know that sometimes I have to twist the thumb screws in order to meet deadlines and they will oblige.

I give my employees a wide birth and there's no way I can be successful in my job if I take on everything my self or if I micro manage everything, there's not enough hours in the day. But I do require precision and efficiency. I manage people in 6 time zones, one of those time zones is 1 hour ahead another is one hour behind and another is 12 hours ahead. I need people to work independently but I also need things be done right because if it's not I may be waiting 12 hours before some one is able to fix it or if it's mission critical, I'm waking some one up at 2 AM Saturday morning or telling them to get in the office after a night of binge drinking and greasy food.

We operate on an overlapping 7 year time table and 7 years may seem like a long time but there are markers and milestones and in and each part is connected to other processes that can't begin until another process is completed. And when things go great we get London and when things fall apart, you get Green Swimming Pools in Rio. And sometimes you can do everything right and end up with a mess like Sochi. So in an ideal world we all collaborate but when you think globally you have to rely on what works, and if that doesn't work any more, you gotta figure out why it's not working any more and change it. If something doesn't work, you just got to fix it. Sometimes you can collaborate, and other times we just have to tell people what to do.
2 people liked this
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re:Visit the Office of Membership Management Today

August 15 2016
Quote by WhiteOnmyoji
I'm 21, yes Right on the border. But I feel this quiz is rather limiting. I manage a lot of types where an iron fist 24/7 will get you nothing, but I know that sometimes I have to twist the thumb screws in order to meet deadlines and they will oblige.

I give my employees a wide birth and there's no way I can be successful in my job if I take on everything my self or if I micro manage everything, there's not enough hours in the day. But I do require precision and efficiency. I manage people in 6 time zones, one of those time zones is 1 hour ahead another is one hour behind and another is 12 hours ahead. I need people to work independently but I also need things be done right because if it's not I may be waiting 12 hours before some one is able to fix it or if it's mission critical, I'm waking some one up at 2 AM Saturday morning or telling them to get in the office after a night of binge drinking and greasy food.

We operate on an overlapping 7 year time table and 7 years may seem like a long time but there are markers and milestones and in and each part is connected to other processes that can't begin until another process is completed. And when things go great we get London and when things fall apart, you get Green Swimming Pools in Rio. And sometimes you can do everything right and end up with a mess like Sochi. So in an ideal world we all collaborate but when you think globally you have to rely on what works, and if that doesn't work any more, you gotta figure out why it's not working any more and change it. If something doesn't work, you just got to fix it. Sometimes you can collaborate, and other times we just have to tell people what to do.

Indeed, the quiz is not comprehensive. I agree with what you noted, I work for a prosecutor that needs things to happen yesterday and in the world of law, not making a deadline may result in losing a case -in criminal law its especially disastrous so yes, there are times when you need to tell people what to do. It's good to have a blend of leadership styles for the sake of adapting and resolving various situations.

August 15 2016
I got a 26. :)
Unknown Person liked this

Unknown Person

August 16 2016
Quote by Zander_Hawk
Yes! Let's do that test next month. It's always fun and helpful to get some insight into your own personality or leadership style. Thank you so much for that mister!

We actually did do one of those Briggs Myers tests almost 2 years ago, it was fun.

I got a 27 BTW which is fairly accurate I'd say.
Jamie

tuvak

August 17 2016
That's awesome that you did the Myers Briggs test a few years ago. I must've missed the post...

Seems like upper 20's is a sweet spot on this test. :-)
Heli

Narciso

August 17 2016
I got the same score as last time, a "25" XD
2 people liked this
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

August 17 2016
Quote by Narciso